Wheh…hot isn’s it? To be honoust, it’s very Dutch to complain about the weather. Too cold, too much rain, too hot… In fact, I think this weather is fantastic, but since I live in the city, I’m not that fond of high temperatures anymore. When living on the third floor in Amsterdam it just gets too hot.
But what I would like to say is that it’s too hot to be in the kitchen to stand behind the stove for a long time.
So today, a fast and light meal. Vegetarian chicken with veggies that you can either eat with a pita bread or wrapped in lettuce for a extra light meal with not too much carbs.
What do you need?
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package of vegan chicken
- 2 bell peppers, in strips
- 1 bag of grated carrots
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- sriracha and/ or sweet chilisauce
- 2 leaves of lettuce per person
- optional: 2 pitabreads per person
- for decoration: peanuts, extra sriracha/ chilisauce, fresh coriander
What to do with it
Fry the onion in a little bit of oil. Add the bell pepper and chicken and cook for a few minutes.
Add the grated carrots, chickpeas and garlic and warm up. Season the mixture with sriracha/ chilisauce (or both).
Warm up the pita breads in the toaster. Stuff pita breads or lettuce with te chicken mixture en dress up with peanuts, sauce and fresh coriander.